Sunday, May 3, 2015

Important Announcement

If you are a constant follower of my blog, you are most likely here for my Who Will Win?! series, wherein I post up all the professional stock car racing, football, hockey, baseball, and basketball games that are going on each day.

This has been a huge success for me, giving my blog a staggering 9,238 views as of this post, but most importantly, the several of you who have chimed in with your predictions. I am truly amazed and grateful for the popularity and support that you all have provided.

But enough sappy talk; let's get down to business here. For starters, I will not be continuing the Who Will Win?! until further notice.

(Angry mob begins forming outside of door)

Yes, I get it, there's always going to be backlash whenever a creator decides to end any popular series. However, I feel that WWW has to be sacrificed for my sake, and yours, in the long run. I am currently a high school senior, meaning that I have the ominous, cloud-like demons called Homework & Tests constantly following me around, becoming larger and more powerful the longer I pretend they don't exist. The only way to quell their growth, however temporarily, is to feed them your spare time. As you may guess, I don't have a lot of expendable spare time, and I certainly don't want to use what I do have on typing up the day's sports events.

The other reason is a reason of identity. I am a high school journalist, soon to be a college journalist. The purpose of a journalist's blog, the way I see it, is to provide extra commentary on topics that wouldn't fit in elsewhere in their media, for example, if I were to break down Arizona Coyotes games, even though the paper I work for is in Ohio. Although WWW does fit the category of not fitting into the media, I don't consider it personal commentary. The commentary in this case is community-based, and I want this blog to be my comments and my ideas. I still want to have commentary provided by fans, but I need my unique flavor to be a part of the blog as well. Otherwise, the blog could turn cold and robotic, which is the way I feared the blog was heading.

This certainly does not mean that I'm taking an early retirement.  In the near future, I will be posting my personal selections for the upcoming MLB All-Star Game, as well as full game coverage and play-by-plays for upcoming Mason (High School) Comets baseball games. To quote Drake & Josh, "Part of me has died, but another part has just been born."

As that sinks in, I'm just gonna head right out that back door, and... RUN!!!!

(Mob chases in hot pursuit)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

YouTube: Youtube.com/channel/UCSP_Gr2tce99BLzBo3vuTDQ
Twitter: Twitter.com/RealisticFisHed

No comments:

Post a Comment